Trees are some of the most beautiful and beneficial things in your yard. Not only are they aesthetically pleasing and provide great shade, but they help the environment by creating more oxygen. While trees are resilient, they can become sick. When a tree becomes stressed or weakened, trees are more susceptible to disease or insect infestation. There are many reasons for a tree to become stressed, including too much sunlight, not enough sunlight, lack of nutrients, soil compaction, injuries from pruning and weather conditions. Becoming aware that a tree is sick is a cause for action – get professional help quickly to save your tree!
These conditions require attention:
- Premature leaf defoliation
2. Discolored leaves before the fall season.
3. Shriveled leaves before the fall season.
4. Branches that do not have leaves or bark on them.
5. Branches that have fallen off a tree for no apparent reason.
6. Fungal growth on the bark and roots.
7. Holes, cracks, and dents on the tree trunk.
8. Soft feeling roots.
If any of these sounds familiar you should definitely get them some attention. With the hurricane season quickly approaching, there is no telling what may or may not happen. Better to be safe and have trees pruned or removed ahead of any potential disasters. Contact Graham’s Tree Service if you have any questions or we can be of further assistance.